Radiography, known to most people as X-ray, is the oldest and most frequently used form of medical imaging. X-rays allow physicians to perform a quick evaluation, often detecting diseases in the early stages, where the chance for recovery is improved. X-rays can also rule out the presence of disease, reduce the need for invasive surgery, and provide a guide for surgeons when surgery is unavoidable.
Independent Imaging uses GE’s digital flat panel detector technology to provide state-of-the-art image processing and high quality digital images.
What to Expect
- There are no special instructions for regular X-rays.
- If you are having an IVP X-ray, there are a few preparation instructions listed here: Preparing for an IVP X-Ray
- If you are breast feeding, pregnant, or might be pregnant, please inform your physician and the center personnel prior to your X-ray.
- It usually takes less than 15 minutes to get an X-ray.
- Your results will be sent to your physician immediately following evaluation by the radiologist.
Digital X-ray for Clear Images and Instant Results
We offer X-rays at all Independent Imaging Palm Beach County locations in Wellington, Lake Worth, Royal Palm Beach, and Belle Glade – no appointment needed! Walk in today.