Computed tomography (CT) is a non-invasive, state-of-the-art diagnostic procedure used to diagnose a wide range of health conditions, including vascular disease and heart disease.
During a CT scan, low-dose X-rays rotate around the patient and produce a series of cross-sectional images of selected parts of the body. These images provide physicians with an unobstructed look at organs and structures not seen clearly on conventional X-rays.
Independent Imaging utilizes the Toshiba Aquillion 64-Slice CT Scanner, offering the most advanced multi-slice technologies on the market. It produces high-speed, high-resolution imaging at the lowest dose. It is designed to improve patient comfort and safety while offering uncompromised performance.
Although CT is an effective diagnostic tool, certain medical conditions may exclude its use or use of contrast media. Please inform your physician and our clinical personnel at the time of scheduling if the following applies to you:
- If you are taking medications on a daily basis
- If you take glucophage, metformin, glucovance, metaglip, or advandamet
- If you have allergies to iodine or other medications
- If you have asthma
- If there is any possibility that you may be pregnant or are breastfeeding
- If you are 65 or older and/or diabetic, a BUN or Creatinine measurement is needed within 4 weeks of testing.
What to Expect During a CT Scan
- Preparation for a CT scan can begin up to 24 hours prior to your appointment, depending on the type of scan. Please review the preparation instructions that are listed here: Preparing for Your CT Scan.
- The CT procedure generally takes about 30 minutes (or less), depending on the specific type of scan requested by your physician.
- After the scan, a certified CT technologist will prepare your images for the radiologist, who will interpret the images and report the results back to your physician.
- Within 24-48 hours, your physician should have the results of your CT scan and contact you.
State-of-the-Art CT Imaging
Independent Imaging is a state-of-the-art imaging center with 4 locations in South Florida: Wellington, Lake Worth, Royal Palm Beach, and Belle Glade. Our medical team includes multiple technicians and fellowship-trained radiologists who are certified in CT imaging.