When it comes to selecting a facility to have diagnostic imaging needs met, patients often are faced with the decision between the hospital and a freestanding, outpatient imaging center. Finding the highest quality at the lowest price is the mission of many patients today. It is important to note that there is a cost savings to be realized locally, without giving up any measure of quality, technology, and superior service.
Patients seeking the most affordable imaging services should be aware that hospitals and their affiliated facilities are usually more expensive than freestanding outpatient centers. This is in part because hospitals are allowed to charge Medicare and most other commercial insurers a facility fee. It can cost up to 1/3 less to have an imaging exam at a freestanding imaging facility such as Independent Imaging in Wellington, Belle Glade, and Lake Worth.
Other positive features of centers like Independent Imaging include:
- Shorter wait time and more personalized service for patients
- Technologists who are all certified through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- A facility that is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Extended hours
- Complimentary valet parking
- The most advanced technology on the market